• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conveyancing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyancing

Late husband and i owned house as tenants in commen, in his will husband left his 50% share to our daughter. I have now had grant of probate so all fine. I now want to put daughters name on the house deeds as tenants in commen and remove my late husbands name. Daughter spoke to a solicitor, who told her to do this would be expensive. Would it be possible to do this ourselves ? as i managed to do the probate with no problems and saved money i could not afford. Any advice please.
    Tags: None

I can't answer directly, but here's some info - https://www.ukdeedpolloffice.org/hou...hange-of-name/

Comment

Have a look at the land registry web site. I have just done an add my wife to the registry and it cost me an £80 (?) fee. They even have self help videos to help you complete the forms. It all sounds confusing at first but eventually the fog clears and you pull together the correct forms.

The only additional costs may be the form to provide proof of identity. I just happened to know a chartered accountant who was allowed to verify ID and die it for free.

Comment

Here's a starting point: https://help.landregistry.gov.uk/app...ntent=web_page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X