• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage charge on old mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage charge on old mortgage

We had a mortgage with the Woolwich that was paid off over twenty years ago. We are now trying to move to a new property. Our solicitor has emailed us asking for our mortgage account number as "the lender has not removed the charge". We no longer have paperwork for this mortgage so cannot supply the account number, what happens now?
    Tags: None

Property Deeds Woolwich Building Society (courtesy of the site)

3 Jun 2013 — After paying off my mortgage with the Woolwich in 1993, I had my deeds stored with the woolwich deedstore. There was a storage fee of £10.00 ...

seems now under Barclays records office? possibly.

land registry records office maybe??

Comment

We contacted Barclay's who, while I was on the phone, emailed the Land Registry to have the charge removed and said we would hear by the 9th of September but it's the 14th today and we've heard nothing. I don't know what to do next.

Comment

check with land registry that the said action has been completed, post is all over the place mail received week or more after posting.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X