• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

​​​​​​​Main house is on the boundary- need urgent advice please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​​​​​​​Main house is on the boundary- need urgent advice please!

Main house is on the boundary- need urgent advice please!

Today, 10:22:AM
    we are viewing this detached house with a view to buy ( it is over 1M in the south east region), we did some background search on HM land registry and found out that the neighbour ( who happens to be the daughter of the vendor) has bought ( or been gifted) a small strip of land which separated this house and the neighbor's house and has blocked off side access from the front of the property to the rear garden. this is officially registered as a separate title under their name. this essentially now means the main wall of the property we are looking to buy is now positioned right on the boundary separating the two houses. there is access to garden via the other side of the property. but it somehow feels this house has become boundary wall to the neighbour's house and we are getting anxious about this. they have bought this strip of land three years ago, what kind of legal issues might this raise, we are thinking of pulling out of this, is there a solution? will this retrospectively affect the building regulations upon which this house was built originally- more than 70years ago? ideally i want a detached house with my own fence all around it...
    Tags: None

"ideally i want a detached house with my own fence all around it..."

Keep looking at other properties then.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X