• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Protecting my home in a relationship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting my home in a relationship

I am hoping someone can throw some light on my current situation. My house is in my name (I have a mortgage) and my partner has been living with me for the last 15 years. My partner cannot put his name on the mortgage and deeds because he has a poor credit rating. I went through a horrible divorce about 20 years ago but I got to keep my house because I had an 11 year old daughter at that time. I am now 58 and I need to protect myself from this ever happening again ie if there was a relationship breakdown between myself and my partner in the future, I do not want to be made to force selling my house to pay my partner his share. The problem is that my partner has contributed to half the mortgage payments and bills over the last 15 years so he does have a financial interest. What sort of legal Agreement can I put in place a) to avoid a house sale to pay my partner off and b) for my partner to protect his financial interest. Is there such an Agreement I can put in place? Advice is very much appreciated, thanks.
    Tags: None

Yes, indeed there is Italian1962, it can be all dealt with under a properly drafted Declaration of Trust (Trust Deed). I only joined the forum and can see your post is several months old. Are your circumstances still the same?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X