• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lease Missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease Missing

I am in the process of selling a duplex flat on behalf of a deceased relative. In theory we are close to completiton. A problem has arisen - noone knowns where the lease is. The Land Registry, The Management Company - all blank. I don't know where else to turn.

Any suggesting gratefully received.
    Tags: lease

Behind the wardrobe? I jest not, had the same problem when an Aunt died. The "safe place" was dropped behind the wardrobe.

Comment

The property is empty. Insightful answers gratefully received.

Comment

Ok try her bank and solicitors see if there were any documents held. It's entirely possible that they have forgotten about them.
        Did you go through your aunt's papers every scrap. Stuff that's valueable often gets shoved into bundles of useless stuff.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

We are talking about an empty property with no furniture.

Solicitor - no, Land registry - no, Bank - no.

I'm really looking for a legal route, perhaps reproducing the lease somehow.

Comment

Do you know whom your deceased relative bought the land from? They may have a lead on the lease. If the flat is one of two haveyou tried the nextdoor neighbour? They may know who their leaseholder is and it's very likely to have been the same person at the outset eveen if it isn't now. Try asking people in the area one of the neighbourhood fora. Try local solicitors who have done conveyances in the area may know.

Comment

Hi Caradon, how did you resolve this, please? If you don't mind me jumping on to ask. I am in a similar situation. Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X