• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conveyancing advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyancing advice needed

Hi everyone, I live in Gloucestershire, England. This is a bit random but we have four swift nest boxes on our house in Gloucester that we want to sell in the near future (not yet on the market) and I am worried that any future owner will take the nest boxes down. Is there any kind of covenant/clause/restriction that can be put in place to prevent this. Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks
    Tags: None

Swallows and swifts are a dwindling species and it is against the law to damage or harm nests when they are in residence . Once they have vacated I'm not sure you could add anything as how would it be enforceable.

It is hard when you sell with wildlife, I have just sold my small holding not far from you and used to feed a colony of feral cats, I managed to hand rear and re-home 15 feral kittens (3 to my daughter) and so much wanted to take the older ones with me( to the detriment of my dogs!!)

I spoke to our vet about it and he said unless there is a threat to life re-homing them long distance would pretty much end in tragedy as they would always try and make their way back

That last day seeing them broke my heart but looking out of the bedroom window just before I left and watch them playing over my next doors orchard and my barn just made me realise how resilient wild animals can be

I knew the vet was right and new my neighbour fed them too but it still broke me in pieces
    If you sell you can point out the legalities of how to treat nesting birds and hope they will look after them as much as you do, but beyond that I can't see anything legally can be enforced

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X