• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

succession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• succession

hello. how about this then. i succeeded a tenancy but my landlord took action to obtain possesion of my home of 45 years under ground 16 1985 housing act. to get the order they had to make available alternative accomodation. they made a property available and got the order but.......when they evicted me they withdrew it and i was turfed out onto the street by the bailiff with nowhere to go and nowhere to put the contents of my house. been living in a tent scince then. bit chilly in jan/ feb. am in the sussex countryside. shall i sue my ex landlord or just become part of nature?

Re: succession

Hi and welcome.
    When the HA obtained the possession order did they actually offer you alternative accommodation, or did they just tell the court suitable accommodation was available?

If they offered you alternative housing, why did you not move in before they resorted to bailiffs?

At what point was the offer of alternative accommodation removed?
    Could you supply a time line?

The following is pure supposition, but I have seen a similar situation:
    I suspect you were offered alternative accommodation, which you declined.
    Hence they obtained a court order.
    You possibly made no indications of moving out, so your landlord had you evicted by force.
    By not moving in a timely fashion into a property which had been offered and made available, you may find the offer lapsed

Could you confirm the exact position?

Comment

Mistake made ...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X