• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unfair ASBO proceedings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair ASBO proceedings

In July 2010, I received a summons from the local authority who wanted to persue me for an asbo.

Basically the elderly neighbour developed a personal vendetta against me and used both the police and council to cause me distress.

They made every complaint going, it was so bad I felt frightened to even flush the toilet in case I got a knock on the door from the police or a letter from the council.

The neighbour had sound equipment in their property on 3 occassion and yet no noise was ever recorder coming from my property.

The neighbour had also been having meetings in their home and discussing me with people I didnt know, and then encouraging these people to make statements to the police.

It was horrendous.

At the time all this was going on I was suffering from clinical depression and registered disabled.

I was under the adult mental health care services.

I was in no fit mental state to harass anybody, in fact the neighbour was harassing me because she claimed in her police statement I was a weirdo!!

The council were fully aware of this when they took me to court.

The council did not follow guidelines or procedures when they apply for an asbo, they are supposed to send you written warning, verbal warning and I got nothing.

I am now prevented from obtaining social housing so if I split from my partner I am homeless.

I know it was 4 years ago but this has ruined my life, the neighbour told so many lies to get me into trouble, and the to add insult they had me put all over the front page of the local newspaper and I had my details printed, it was awful!!

The solicitors I employed were useless they did nothing to stop it going to court.

It clearly states on the council website that for people with mental health problems like me they dont like to take to court and deal with things diffrerently.

I have letters going back 2004 from the council regusing me help and support.

Do I have a claim?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X