• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2nd caravan and prevous posting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd caravan and prevous posting

i'm sure somewhere I asked this question a couple of years ago about having a second caravan on the front and was referred to a parliamentry answer. I anyone knows where this is can I have the link again pleasee .
    THanks
    Tags: carvans

Re: 2nd caravan and prevous posting

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...van&highlight=
    Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Thanks for the link vanman . I have two caravans on the front now one my son sleeps in and one we use as a tourer. I know that I'm allowed two caravan as I had a lnk to a parlimentary answer which I sent the jobsworths away with last time but I cannot find the link or the reference.

Comment

Ok do you own your own house or is it a social housing
        If it’s social housing do check with your council as apparently some won't let you
        If it is your own property
        Is there a restrictive covenant in the deeds which prevents the parking of caravans, boats and commercial vehicles
        Developer’s covenants can only be actioned by the developer and then if they still exist

A caravan is not a building. Stationing one on land is not itself "operational development" that requires planning permission, although associated works such as the provision of infrastructure and hygiene facilities may well be. Under planning law, householders can park caravans in their gardens or driveways indefinitely, provided that no material change of use of land occurs. However, in certain circumstances, the placing of a caravan on land may change the principal use of that land, which would amount to development in the form of a material change of use of land. It is for that reason that the use of land for an occupied caravan generally requires planning permission.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...t/51122-40.htm

The hon. Lady also asked whether there were any time limits relating to the stationing of caravans, and whether it is possible for more than one caravan to be sited without the need for planning permission. As I stated previously, caravans can be stationed indefinitely in someone's garden or driveway, provided that no material change to the use of land occurs. There is no legally defined limit on the number of caravans that can be stationed in gardens before planning permission is required. However,if so many caravans were stationed in the garden of a house that they ceased to be incidental to the principal use of that land, the local planning authority could require a planning application, or take enforcement action against the unauthorised change of land use.

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
        no clauses about caravans , no livesock allowed particularly , cattle horses sheep pigs ang goats. The neighbours are just trouble makers. If i leave the dogs for 1 hour they complain to the council. if my tenants arrive after twelve midnight the complain. I've had every jobsworth in the council round in the last two months .
        Last edited by vanman; 30th November 2014, 23:55:PM.
        Don't let them grind you down

Comment

thank you van man I own my house there is no restrictive covenant. One is used as ancillary to the house the other is our tourer. . That's the quote I wanted I spent hours looking through hansard for it .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X