• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Slum landlady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slum landlady

Good afternoon,

i have been advised to use this site as it has helped a friend of mine.
    I am a single mother with a 14 year old daughter, i have have been self employed for the past ten year. i have never claimed benefits.

Just over a year ago i was forced to move out of a beautiful property on the river in the london bridge area due to a man in the building stalking me, he was arrested for stalking and harassment twice, eventually i had to move because my daughter was having terrible nightmares. I moved in a hurry as she had one particular dream that terrified me and i hadn't really stayed in my property due to this man. which was a shame because i had a good relationship with my landlady.

I moved to west london, in a hurry and didn't pick my property very well.
    As a result i have picked a property that is not suitable.

i have had issues with raw sewage over a number of months, mice,this has now been dealt with.

My landlady has entered my property on a number of occassions when i have not been there.

She has also changed the locks.

i did attempt to move out with her permission but on the day i had moved all my belongings out and put things in to storage previously she wrote a letter to my farther the guarantor. who is a 71 year old accountant who she also served a statutory
    demand to for funds that she agreed i didn't have to pay due to the sewage issue.

I have not stayed there for 5 months and am stuck as the loss of funds and ill health have left me with no money, I have had to seek help from government bodies due to my ill health.

i feel at breaking point and don't know what to do. i do not have funds to put down on another property to then be told i will be sued.

Please advise and ask any questions to get the best results.

The damp in the property effected me terribly when i tried to stay a few weeks ago, i thought i would just settle.
    Dear all,

I would like to make it clear this is the first time i have received any money from the government for help with rent or anything else.

This was awarded to me due to ill health and stress. As it stands, Janet your property is not actually fit for inhabitance and i have contacted the environmental health who will be in touch with you, regarding the now and the previous issues. I was too unwell to fight my corner previously which you knew and in various emails referred too.

This has been on going since i moved. in no fridge, promises of dong work and then saying you didn't say what you did. a verbal contract, on my part stupid to believe you, Being a Lawyer i thought you would have some integrity.

I did attempt to move out as you know, i had put a deposit down on a property. The day i was due to hand the keys back to you we received a letter saying if i moved you would pursue my father for 48 thousand pounds because we have a three year contract, this obviously forced me to stay in the property, loosing my deposit and i had moved everything out into storage. so the cost was great. Not forgetting the rent that you agreed i didn't have to pay because of the sewage issues then went to my father with a statutory demand, again waving your legal power around, bullying with your law. Something the law society would not approve of of your slanderous behaviour.

You also changed t
    As i said i'm not being difficult. iv'e not stayed there and would love to try and find you tenant, the period between moving in and put and still having to pay full rent has left me in a financial muddle. Are you prepared to pay a deposit for a new property?

I will as soon as i have the outstanding pay, i am waiting to meet with my designated environmental health officer.

Thank you, l

Kind regards,

Aysha Bell

Last edited by Tools; 5th November 2014, 14:35:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Slum landlady

Hi Lucy, I think your post got muddled up somewhere, I will try to correct it as best I can, let me know if it appears in the order you intended
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Lucy,

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time with it. Have you spoken to your local housing officer about your options? Most local authorities have one and they can be very supportive. Could you try phoning yours in the first instance?

Regs

Ella
      Last edited by Esb; 8th November 2014, 09:56:AM. Reason: I got the posters name completely wrong

Comment

Thank you Ella,

I did speak with the enviromental health.

I hope they can help.

Im still paying rent and not staying there.

It's a nightmare all round.

Warm regards,

Lucy.

Comment

A three year tenancy agreement? Is there a break clause in the agreement?

As your father is the guarantor, was he asked to have the agreement checked over by a solicitor before he signed it? It might be that he will not be liable. Also, if you break your contract, your landlord can not sue you for the full amount. She can only sue you for lost rent. I understand she has a duty to mitigate her losses and that would include that she re-advertises the property at the same rent she is charging you.

Comment

Hi Lucy. How long is there left to run on your tenancy agreement and if the sewerage problem is fixed, will you be returning to the property?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X