• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No response from the bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No response from the bank

Hi.

I sent the complaint in 8 weeks ago. The bank said they'd answer by October 31st. Nothing has come. What do I do now? Ombudsman? Or do I need to go back to the bank and ask what's going on? This isn't the first time we've got to this point.

Best,

mum
    Tags: None

Re: No response from the bank

If they have not replied satisfactorily or at all within the 8 weeks then you can go the ombudsman.

There are some basic rules for you to remember before going to FOS:
    • you can only go to FOS after you have made a complaint to the bank or building society itself
    • the bank or building society has up to eight weeks to deal with your complaint
    • you must complain to FOS within six months of getting your bank or building society's final response to your complaint or from the end of the eight week period if they haven't responded

Comment

Re: No response from the bank

I would give them until monday in case they responded by letter on friday and there is a ned to allow for the post.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X