• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

problems with neighbours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with neighbours

Would really appreciate some advice as don't know how or if something can be done legally.
    we are having trouble with our neighbours I wont go into detail yet but basically then are harassing us in our own home, it is a very long story and last year they cost our business £10,000 as they took us to court for something we never did.
    I have kept a log and the police are involved and hopefully coming out later today.
    I don't know hat else to do but need to do something as cant live like this in my own home.
    Tags: None

Re: problems with neighbours

There are a number of possibilities. Are they owners or tenants? If tenants, consider contacting their landlord. The Environmental Health department also deals with noise and so on.

If the situation is intolerable, then give consideration to initiating an action under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. You can sue for damages, and/or seek an injunction (this can have a power of arrest attached).

Comment

hi
      thank you so much for your reply,
      one of the neighbours is a housing association tenant but I don't know which one, the other owns there property.
      it is not noise related more harassment and invasion of our private lives, I will look at the protection and harassment act too.
      this has gone on years I just never spoke up until the court case last year, it made me physically sick and caused an eye stroke so I was unable to drive etc for 6 months +.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesparkle View Post
        one of the neighbours is a housing association tenant ...
        Ask around, the chances are that someone nearby will know. Failing that, ask the council (they may know and let slip), or if necessary, contact the Land Registry to find out who the freeholder is.

Do any of their other neighbours have a problem with them? If so, there's strength in numbers - multiple complaints have much greater impact.

Comment

Unfortunately it is just us they have a grudge against and we have no idea why.
          I will try the land registry and see if I can find out.
          if I could afford a solicitor I would take them to court for harassment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X