• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

transfer of tenancy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer of tenancy.

hello. my parents are both disabled they live in a two bed housing association house . this is also my home we have all lived here 5 years.i am down on the records as living here the tenancy is in my parents joint names.they have just been given a bungalow off the same housing association.i am not allowed to live there.what are my rights to take over the tenancy as i will be homeless when they move.any comments/advice would be appreciated. chindit.
    Tags: None

Re: transfer of tenancy.

Depends on lots of things.

Did you move in when the tency first commenced.
    Was you under 18 at this point.

I think the council will have to rehouse you, but wither you can take on the existing tenancy is down to a few factors, The above 2 being the most important.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

hi and thanks yes i have been on the tenancy details from day one but i was over eighteen. thanks chindit

Comment

Hi

am fairly sure they have to rehouse you, have they given you notice, ort just said so on the phone. You commenced the tanancy with them as a family member, so you have good reason to ask for it,

There is no yes or no answer to this,

First, is the property adapted for older people or in a block/area for OAPs or assisted living
        Also, have there ever been any complaints or whats your relationship with the HA like

If its a 2 bed property, i would imaging that the HA may use that to ask you to move .. unless you have kids

What are they saying ( housing asss ) at the moment
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

hi thanks. no problems at all .my parents are registered disabled they have been waiting 2 years for a bungalow as they cannot manage stairs.they have just been offered the tenancy on one with the same h/a which they have accepted.i am not allowed to live there if i wanted to as it is for older people.i have not enquired yet i just wanted to know where i stand.kind regards chindit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X