• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi - am looking for help with Acenden mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - am looking for help with Acenden mortgage

Hi

I am looking for help with Acenden mortgage arrears and charges in order to avoid repossession - I am based in Scotland - any advice??

Thanks

J
    Tags: acenden ltd

Re: Hi - am looking for help with Acenden mortgage

Can you give us more details please eg. when was the mortgage taken out? Is it first or second charge? How much is the mortgage for and the amount you are in arrears by. Also include what payment arrangements you have had with them. Don't include any personal details obviously but you do need to be more specific so someone on here can hopefully help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
      Can you give us more details please eg. when was the mortgage taken out? Is it first or second charge? How much is the mortgage for and the amount you are in arrears by. Also include what payment arrangements you have had with them. Don't include any personal details obviously but you do need to be more specific so someone on here can hopefully help you.

Hi

we originally took out the loan in 2006. Since then my husband has been involved in a car accident leaving him unable to work to the same level as previously ( he is a self employed driver). The benefits he was getting have been stopped due to new legislation and our arrears are now approx 9000 with charges of nearly 4500. This was a second mortgage and we have attempted various payment arrangements they claim look affordable accordin to my income and expenditure but they have all failed due to them being unmanageable. They are now threatening to repossess. We have both been diagnoses with severe depression and moving home is a real issue due to one of our children being autistic and being majorly unsettld by even the slightest changes in routine. Any and ice would be gratefully received.

Comment

I have a young son with Aspergers. Please note what I am about to tell you is only from experience and you are always advised to seek professional advice.

Now that is out the way - with charges of nearly 4500 wow!! You should be able to claim all if not most of those charges back, with interest. Since you have a good idea the amount of charges you have, do you have a detailed breakdown via historical paperwork from the company? If not it would be beneficial to do a data subject access request.

There is a big gap between threatening repossession and actually starting to commence legal action. I would, without delay, formally complain to the company about the unfair charges and ask them to be refunded. If they refuse then you must go to the Financial Ombudsman Service. £4500 by anybody's standard is EXTORTION!

Both hubby and I have suffered from depression in the past due to financial pressures and rogue companies taking advantage of our vulnerability, you are not alone.

Take care x

Comment

Hi Ruby

thanks for that. I think the most pressing issue is that the loan is due for full payment by 15 September this year with 15000 still to pay, including the outstanding charges on the account. Not sure how to proceed that wont see us lose our home xx

Comment

They are highly unlikely to just roll over and refund you the charges, the dispute could go on for months. Can you remortgage with another company in the meantime? Perhaps it would be an idea to speak to a mortgage broker or Shelter and go through your options. You could still pursue the unfair charges even though you would have left Acenden.

Are you in arrears with your main mortgage company? Could you take out extra borrowing with them? Being in arrears will have affected your credit record but there will be other options out there for you.

There are always alternatives to every situation.

Comment

Try to sort out a plan with them first. Have you all your statements and letters ?, Make a complaint to Arseden about the charges, If they give you the run a round, serve a SAR request on them and file complaint to FOS about the charges but inform Arseden in writing that because they have failed to address the issue of the charges that you have made a complaint to FOS plus inform them that the account you have with them is in dispute(Write this at the top of the letter in big Cap letters). Arseden have a bad reputation for very good reason so dont believe anything they say over the phone, get it in writing. You need to study to find out what the crooks have been up to. Find out if your mortgage has been sold on to another company by them, learn about how your mortgage works by using You tube,this and other web sites. It will take a month or so but you will be much better prepared if you need to do battle with this bunch of down right low lifes.
              Robinhood2003

Comment

Hi looking for help to extend end of interest only mortgage that expires december 18th 2018 never missed a payment and badly need extension

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X