• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Party Wall Problem with Empty Property Next Door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Party Wall Problem with Empty Property Next Door

Originally posted by RobRevolution View Post
    Now there's an idea!
    It is an old idea, based on Roman palisade construction techniques.

Comment

Another complication...

Bumped into some blokes entering the property today so asked them what they were up to, they said they were clearing rest of stuff as place has been sold.

When I returned, they have indeed cleared a lot - the garden is nice and clean and everything's been removed. Unfortunately these idiots also removed MY packing pallet which I had placed on the other side of the wall to keep my temporary covering over the damaged wall (both in my interests and the interests of new owner), so now it's blowing about uselessly and I don't want to put anything else on the other side in case that goes walkabouts as well. Am tempted to just get all the bricks on the top which I've got weighing the covering down on the top, and smash them into the next garden.

Thoughts? I mean refusing to cooperate at all about the wall is one thing, but actually damaging my makeshift covering and removing something that was mine? Surely there's something I could do about that?

Comment

Was the pallet on your property?

Comment

Unfortunately not, I had to put it on the other side in that garden, my side is weighed down with deckchairs and wheelie bins... I have gone to a lot of trouble to try to protect that wall... Now I just feel like saying eff it and let the new owner take care of it, if they want the house nice to sell on they can sort the thing out, I don't think I should have to pay half the share now as I have taken steps to protect the wall temporarily which have now been undone by someone else..

Comment

If they want me to pay anything to the wall, maybe I shall stick to £125 based on half the quote I got when the first theft happened. As far as I am concerned any further damage from rain and further thefts is someone else's liability as I did everything I could to try to get things sorted.

On another note, I have received a reply from The Property Ombudsman who say I am able to make a formal complaint the the manger of the estate agent branch if I believe I have been treated unfairly (and have kindly given me their name so I can address it to the correct person), if they do not attempt to resolve it in line with their fomal complaints policy they will assign an agent to investigate fully. So that's a bit of a result - all they had to do was reply to a few emails while I was being robbed and trying to get things sorted. I wonder if they ever did pass on my emails to the possessor of the property - if not apparently they are in big trouble, I will certainly speak to the new owner and watch for his look of surprise when I inform them of all the crime that has been going on, and the further damage caused to the wall by the men today undoing my temporary covering works...

This is becoming a saga!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X