• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Decorator Has Left Equipment on Private Rented Property - I Wish to Remove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Decorator Has Left Equipment on Private Rented Property - I Wish to Remove

Eloise
    Im asking the question suggested above,
    Im not trying to pry or be rude just interested although i dont expect to much info i respect your privacy

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
      Oh for goodness sake. There are plenty of people living in rented property who can't get their landlord to do any maintenance or repairs, and you are seeing plots and deliberate intentions to annoy you in where a pair of ladders have been placed. The workman has been missing one working day, has not finished the maintencance job and so has left his equipment there to do so. You have said that you have gardens and a shed - if the ladders are in an inconvenient place then move then to somewhere else on the property within the garden area. I think you are being entirely unreasonable and bloody minded - and you very definietly are doing so deliberately.
      I asked for legal advice not your personal opinion of me, which is irrelevant, as is the plight of those in the private rented sector less fortunate than me, and your sharp and perhaps prejudiced reaction to my responses suggests that your opinion of yourself is greater than your store of useful knowledge. You know nothing of me or the situation I'm in beyond what I have described yet you have offered your opinion, presumably because something in my style or phrasing has pressed a trigger for you. I shall know to disregard your advice in future.

Thank you for your reply, however, it was good of you to take the time on a Sunday morning to let me know how you feel and put me firmly in my place. If it helps, you can consider me firmly rebuked.

Comment

What a pathetic sad person bet he asks people to move who park outside his house?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          I expect if you remove the ladders from the property and they were stolen he could make an accusation of theft against you ?Any reasonable person would at the very least contact the landlords agent first after putting the ladders in a more convienent place on the property,as and ex builder working on domestic property i encountered many people who was some reason didnt like equipment scaffolding next to their property never some one who wanted to remove same that was used to carry out work on their property?
          Thank you for your reply, again. See my reply to Eloise01 for other relevant comments.

Comment

Originally posted by William Gruff View Post
            I shall know to disregard your advice in future.
            Just for the record, I wasn't giving you any advice. I was telling you to grow up and act like an adult, and not a snobbish, petulant, two year old.

It must still be school holidays?

Comment

Thank you to all who replied. How sad it is that you could not do so without descending to ad hominem insults and making unfounded suppositions based on ignorance and your own prejudices. I think it telling that the thread has quickly become a group hate and clique chat session, with adverse opinions of me freely expressed yet little useful advice given. I have at least discovered that Legal Beagles is unable to offer disinterested advice and replies to specific queries and can look elsewhere in future.

Many thanks.

Comment

I have no chickens in any of my properties - and I was just using "estate agent speak" about the house. When I bought it "ramshackle" would have been rather more appropriate, and the idyllic countryside is more like "wind driven Pennine moorland often snowed in"! Just doesn't have the same ring, though, does it? And I've been enjoying some sunshine on my Greek patio overlooking the Med, is what Inca is referring to.

Comment

You are being totally unreasonable about the ladder...the decorator will return for it....and if you move it and it gets stolen you will be at fault.
                  You do not own the property and there is a good a chance as any that the Agents gave him permission to leave it there.
                  Unless and until you can clarify this with the Agent I would leave the ladder exactly where it is. And yes,I have lives in private sector properties.

Comment

Can you send the sunshine and warmth back here Eloise Please

Comment

Thank you to all who replied. How sad it is that you could not do so without descending to ad hominem insults and making unfounded suppositions based on ignorance and your own prejudices. I think it telling that the thread has quickly become a group hate and clique chat session, with adverse opinions of me freely expressed yet little useful advice given. I have at least discovered that Legal Beagles is unable to offer disinterested advice and replies to specific queries and can look elsewhere in future.

Many thanks.
                      You have been offered specific advice. You have a duty of care for the tradesman's goods, which he has quite reasonably left in your care whilst he completes his work. Take them off your property and they get lost, he will have the right in law to sue, and personally I hope he does.

As an aside I can confirm on my part that i never give, "disinterested advice", this is a consumer forum, we all take an interest in each other , I am glad to say.

As an inquiry, your user name, is that two proper nouns or a noun followed by an adjective.

Comment

I shan't damage them, although it is possible that someone else could,
                        So it was someone else who sawed through the rungs near the top of the ladders? Sure... msl:

Comment

It must still be school holidays?
                          Now why might you suggest that? (link)

Comment

I have no chickens in any of my properties - and I was just using "estate agent speak" about the house. When I bought it "ramshackle" would have been rather more appropriate, and the idyllic countryside is more like "wind driven Pennine moorland often snowed in"! Just doesn't have the same ring, though, does it? And I've been enjoying some sunshine on my Greek patio overlooking the Med, is what Inca is referring to.
                            With her gorgeous dogs,one of whom had been a tad poorly so Eloise took them away for the sunshine and sea.....Whilst I'm stuck at home with 4 deluded cats telling her about the bloody snow in April!!!!

Comment

Now THAT really touched a spot! Especially when it's non-stop winter with heavy snow at lunchtime last Thursday! And that's in the south! :rant: :rant: :rant: Fortunately, I will soon be re-charging my solar batteries myself.

Comment

Take the matter up with the agent in writing before doing anything.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X