• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

scaffolding issue- help needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scaffolding issue- help needed!

the bed shop next door have had to put scaffolding down my alleyway where my front door is, given no notice, it's difficult to get out (i have to carry the buggy folded up-bags i need and my 2 year old to the end of the alley then put the buggy up (because of the main road i need to make sure my son doesnt run into the road whilst im putting the buggy up). they have also put a pole right across my hallway window so i can't open it, and getting back indoors when its dark is a chore- my security light doesnt come on until im near the door so i cant see all the way down the alley and have accidentally donked my poor boys head because i couldnt see! I also have no other route out of the house (i have a back door but it just leads back round into the alleyway) so it's also a potential fire hazard. i just wanted to know what my rights are, and if i do have to put up with it can i put in a claim for compensation?
    Tags: None

Re: scaffolding issue- help needed!

Hi Mummynicky,

Having read your post, the advice I am going to give you is as a retired policeman.

The scaffolding the bed shop next-door to your home has erected is certainly a fire hazard and you need to address this as a matter of priority.

If you have not already contacted your local authority about this matter, do so immediately. If my memory serves me correctly, scaffolding requires permits from the local authority. Check this out with your local authority. If the local authority rule the scaffolding needs to come down, they can force whoever erected it to remove it.

Another avenue you could try is your local fire and rescue service. If the scaffolding is going to hamper escape from your home in the event of a fire or impede the fire and rescue service in their fire-fighting duties, they can take action. Phone the fire and rescue service HQ for your area, make them aware of what has happened and seek their advice.

As to whether you are entitled to claim for compensation, that is a question that only a legal professional can answer.

Bluebottle
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X