• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on eviction notice ASAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on eviction notice ASAP

Hi there im new here so hello all

I had some rent owing of around £3000 up to may 2010 and i was under a court order, my exwife left me was all the arrears and her name is still on the rent. i was under a court order to pay an extra £26 a month on top of my rent,
    Now i got in to some trouble and my landlord applied for a possession order, but someone in my family helped me out and i cleared the full arrears in one go and i was in credit and this was clearded and showing on my account by the time they had got the possession order from the court.

Now 3 months later i have just fullen behind by one months rent due to CSA payments and my landlord has sent me a letter today stating she has now applied for an evicttion date from the
    county court bec they was granted a possession order from the court and i have not kept the the court agreement (even though i paid it all off).

Is there anything i can do?? can i get it stopped and do they have the rights to do this being i was in credit and my account was cleared??

Im at witts end and i always seem to get these letters on a weekend when i cant phone or do anything about it

This is a housing association not a private landlord

any advise would be great please

steve
    Last edited by nightstalker; 21st August 2010, 16:08:PM.

Re: Advice on eviction notice ASAP

One way to stop it would be to pay the outstanding month's arrears. Can you do this? If there aren't any arrears you cannot be evicted.

Have you checked with the court to make certain that your Landlord has definitely applied to the court?

Comment

wow didnt take long for someone to highjack my thread
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Originally posted by Amy View Post
      One way to stop it would be to pay the outstanding month's arrears. Can you do this? If there aren't any arrears you cannot be evicted.

Have you checked with the court to make certain that your Landlord has definitely applied to the court?
      No as CSA have messed me up big style and the courts ant open till monday and as i said i got the letter today saturday
      Last edited by nightstalker; 21st August 2010, 15:56:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[quote=nightstalker;166873]wow didnt take long for someone to highjack my thread
        /quote]

well never mind that's hardly the end of the world is it? New people an often be unsure of how to go about things and how to start a thread of their own. I'll ask a member of team to move the other posts to a new thread,
        Is no longer here

Comment

I've moved Debvfm's query to a thread of their own.

Comment

Thank you to who replied to my thread, I did not mean to hi jack but couldn't find the link to start my own. Still can't find it now. I will reply to the kind people who left replies. Apologies for the hijack again was never my intention.

Comment

If you click on the search button at the top of the page you should be able to find it x
              Is no longer here

Comment

go to quick links then subscriptions your thread should be in there
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Here's a link Debvfm v Northern Rock - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X