• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Factor asking for advance payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factor asking for advance payment

Morning all

I couldn't work out the right forum so hopefully this one fits. I own a property in Scotland (glasgow) which has 13 in the block. The factor (I'm not sure if it's the right etiquette to post their name on here?) expects all tenants to pay for repairs in advance now as someone refused to pay for lift doors to be repainted without consultation on the colour.

We have a leaky roof (communal repair) and need external paint done but he refuses without all households giving him the full amount in advance. He has been sitting with c£18k in his business bank account now for over 6months and refuses to do anything without the last household paying him in advance. He claims it is not his responsibulity to take them to the small claims court.

Could someone advise on our rights here please and if he can legallly force all payments in advance?

Finally, is it not his responsibility to take households to small claims (assuming the claim falls within the remit of that court)?

All advice appreciated.

Mr NotSure
    Tags: None

I have moved this to Property section.

What does the agreement with the Factor state?

This is Scottish law so may vary from England. ScottishSolicitor May be able to advise on any specifics.

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      I have moved this to Property section.

What does the agreement with the Factor state?

This is Scottish law so may vary from England. ScottishSolicitor May be able to advise on any specifics.
      There is no written agreement in place. He attends a quarterly meeting with the "Tower" representative(s) and has asked for all payments in advance so he isn't out of pocket. He has also stated that it not his responsibility to take individual households to court who don't pay. In this case this is impacting the roof and houses leaking water through their ceilings.

Comment

I am not a property lawyer unfortunately but from first principles I would think that there is an argument that he must be in breach of any (verbal) factoring contract in not attending to urgent repairs. If you can prove loss through damage from water etc I would tell him to falls to be sued for his inaction.

A subsidiary point is to tell him he needs to account to you all for the interest gained on the money held.

Comment

Many thanks. I'll phone the factor and ask for a copy of the factoring contract. If it doesn't mention advance payment and he has never done that in the past, is it up to prove he legally requires it or me to disprove that he needs it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X