• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Identify ownership and maintenance responsibility of a shared drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify ownership and maintenance responsibility of a shared drive

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me in regards to identifying the ownership of and maintenance responsibility of a shared drive. The drive in question sits between three cottages on side and two plots with two houses on the other side. The drive in question leads to two garages which are for the two houses on Plot 1 and Plot 2 respectively. The cottages also use the drive sometimes to get to the back of their house (i.e to ride a bicycle to their garden instead of taking it through the front of the house).

On my title deeds (Plot 2), it states that I have right of way with or without vehicle over the drive in question. On the title deeds for Plot 1, they also have the same right of way.
    The title deeds for Plot 1 and Plot 2 do not mention right of way for the brown shaded drive for anyone else.

However, for the properties on the other side of the drive in question, the cottages, the title deeds states they have right of way on the drive in question on foot and with or without bicycles, wheel barrows.

I am trying to understand who owns this drive in question. And in that respect, who would be responsible for maintaining this drive. And lastly, what are my rights if the properties on the other side i.e the cottages start to drive on this drive which according to title deeds they do not have a right to.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X