• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Renting a flat that isn’t registered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting a flat that isn’t registered

Evening,

after doing some digging it turns out where I’m currently staying is registered anywhere,also doesn’t meet building control,fire regs and I wasn’t ever issued an EPC etc. where does this leave me in terms of rent?

thanks
    Tags: None

Do you share any facilities or is the flat exclusively yours? What exactly do you mean by "not registered"? How do you know it doesn't meet building controls etc? Have you signed an AST? Sorry for all the questions but we need more info to help.

Comment

Thanks for the response,

because I work in construction,no fire doors first floor with inadequate means of escape window above 4.5m no EICR unsuitable lock.

all own facilities

no AST signed

searched the land registry with no luck

it’s in a “office” building along with an office and one other flat with no facilities.

Comment

Thank you - so what kind of agreement do you have? Who do you pay rent to - a person or company? Is the building registered for council tax? Does it have planning permission (perhaps search council website?) Understand that you know your stuff re fire etc - how do you know there is no EICR? Hopefully others will be along to comment soon but the more info we have the better

Comment

Thanks again for the response,

paid to a company
          no agreement in place
          not registered for council tax - address given doesn’t anyway
          EICR was never handed to me when I “moved” in

Comment

Interesting! What do you want to happen? Do you want to move out?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X