• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Long standing garage already built into shared driveway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long standing garage already built into shared driveway

Hi,

I can't find a similar situation out there so just looking for help.

I used to live alone and always park my car in my garage so never had issues before but now I have a baby and a partner and my neighbour has started to be unreasonable.

We have a shared driveway, two garages at either side of the back, space in middle of that. The title deeds state that we each own half the driveway (red boundary line down the middle) but that the whole driveway area (all coloured in yellow) must not be built upon or have a car, van motor home boat parked thereon.

My neighbour has a van, he parked it in the middle of the garages, I never minded as I could use the space to turn round to reverse in my garage. All has been well until my partner parks infront of my garage.

My neighbour van broke so he also has a car now and now parks it infront of the van on the driveway, not in his garage and not in the space Infront of his garage.

He says it's because our car sticks out into the driveway so he is being a child and I've seen him move his car just to be right in the middle. I can still gain access it's just a weird behaviour and not fair really.

Basically what I want to know is, my garage which was already built when I moved in and it is not on the title deeds so it seems (I'm going off a drawn picture) it is not in line with my house, it kicks out into the yellow area on the title plan a bit (maybe a foot) the fence for my garden is next to my garage so when you park outside my garage it's physically impossible to get a whole car within the boundary lines of my house but it's infront of my garage the car lines up with the garage walls when parked infront.

I asked him how I've offended him as I've noticed him moving his car to the middle and it turned into an argument but he thinks I should move my fence over into my garden so my car fits within my house boundary and that my garage should be knocked down because it's slightly over into the yellow.

He claims the land in between is his and if I'm over the line then he will park over the line, he parks a full car infront of his van! It is so idiotic, Can he make me take my garage down, it's been there for many years?

I just want peace but I'm thinking maybe an injunction, he doesn't block my access but he has oceans of space on his side and makes it tight for us to get in and out, we either have to reverse in or out and it's a crazily busy main traffic route out of the city. Can I get nban injunction if it's not blocking but the deeds clearly say no parking? Does it matter that my garage and therefore car when parked is a foot into this space as its physically impossible to park anywhere else?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X