• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blocking drive issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking drive issues

I live on a private road. The road belongs to a landowner. I have took the issue to landowner however they said its not their problem. I have a ignorant neighbour who blocks my only access to my house with their car. They could park on their drive but they would rather park at their rear drive and block my only entrance. I have took this issue up they dont care. Solicitors are expensive but it's heading that way. The neighbour is not liked by anyone in the street and in my opinion parks like this for spite. The council will not take up issue as its not a council road. I don't know why some people go out their way to be awkward and cause issues but he does. I can only park on my drive and he persists to block it or obstruct it any way he can. I've brought the issue up many in a grown up reasonable manner and he just does not care. He even has visitors park there.Any advice. Deeds say we can cross in a vehicle the road to access our property.
    Tags: None

Do you have a written agreement from the land owner as to access to your property; do you own the property - assume so with deeds mentioned.
    The solicitor who did the conveyancing maybe the one to go to, if recent purchase; if the deeds are on your side and your have all the pictorial evidence, and a diary of offenses, then you cant go wrong, imo.
    'Cease & Desist' letter. A solicitor could write to him, or write it yourself containing all your evidence/records you have, deed clauses broken, emotional & material inconvenience & costs to yourself by his illegal actions, and giving him 14 days notice to stop. If he fails to cease, you can then go to litigation / county court / employ a solicitor to save stress, maybe [all legal costs claimed by yourself]
    You deffo need a dated diary of the offences, and back-up pictures of cars / no. plates, as proof, preferably with him behind the wheel. What about outside camera set up?
    Last edited by girlatwork10; 20th November 2023, 15:01:PM.

Comment

There is some similarity with this thread: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...05#post1659205
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I own my house so it's on the deeds saying i have the right of way across to my house. I do have cameras which film my drive and I have lots of evidence of my drive being blocked with no leg to stand on. It happened again today. It happens daily. It's pathetic really on his part. The solicitor did mention a cease and desist. However I was wondering if whether it was a private road the council or police would do anything before I have to pay a solicitor to go-ahead .

Comment

Have u tried arbitration with the council bringing all of u together - at least u can share with them
          Its obvious to me u have a legal case - write out the cease n desist yourself - templates are online

Comment

Sorry for late response no he is totally unreasonable. The situation has escalated now. I have been very patient but he's purposely doing it and now being abusive so I'm going to have to go legal.

Comment

you wont get a court case in the short term, long backlog.... asking advice from Council better in short term, methinks

Comment

apply to the county court for a prohibitory injunction ex-parte,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X