• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Joint House Ownership Relationship Split

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint House Ownership Relationship Split

Wondering if anyone could give some advice please?
    My friend bought a house with his ex 14 years ago, both names are on the deeds, the majority of the deposit was paid by his partner, but he did contribute towards the deposit with a loan from his family. For 7 years he paid towards mortgage and bills and worked on the house. His partner was in and out of work so he solely paid mortgage when these times hit them.

7 years ago the relationship brokedown, they have no children but they stayed in a friendship. The house situation has never been discussed until now as his ex wants to move home. My friend has not contributed to the house since they split as she inherited money just after he left and paid off what was left of the mortgage.

My friend is now out of work and struggling for money and knows he owes money to his family, but as this wasn't dealt with imediately after the separation he is not sure of his rights.
    Tags: None

Can anyone please advise?

Comment

Hi
      Do you know if the property is owned as tenants in common or joint tenants and after 7 years whether his name is still on the deeds?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X