• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forced to overpay for water.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced to overpay for water.

I have been annoying the water company of late and decided to stop paying for a number of reasons,one reason is this,my bill is about£7 per wk unmetered- I am a low user so calculated how much that would cost me-came out under£4 per wk-I asked them to fit a meter but they couldnt due to it being a shared pipe into the flats,so now I am going to contact them saying it is not my fault a meter cannöt be fitted so until they get the technology to fit one or sort it out with the landlord then they should accept my estimate-I am also going to ask for money back I have overpayed since about ten years back.Any further ideas appreciated. -it is going through court at the moment and charges are being added, I also want to enquire about bond schemes that I could pay into, held by an independent party until this is settled, (I have mentioned this to the company previously about holding all monies in a bond until they fulfill their obligations as a water company, which they claim will be by 2050 but have had no comment.
    Tags: None

Not sure how to use this site properly, perhaps I should repost this thread in utilities?

Comment

sorry, but your post seems to have been missed.

I suppose you are paying for your water on an unmetered basis.
      This means you pay a standing charge and a charge based on the rateable value of your home.

As there is no meter installed that is the way in which you are charged, and if you continue to withhold payment eventually you will end up in court, no matter what offers you make about utilising a bond scheme.

I am surprised however that the utility cannot install a meter within your flat.
      Have they said why this is not possible?
      However as they have been unable to install a meter as requested they should have offered to adjust your bill to reflect the charges you would have paid if you had been on a meter (according to Ofwat)

How far has the court process gone?
      Which water company?
      Last edited by des8; 4th August 2023, 19:27:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X