• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wheely bin dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheely bin dispute

Hello me and my neighbour have a shared alleyway with majority of the alleyway on my side and there is a brick fence to separate the houses,my neighbour has started to put their bins right near the front of my house on the land I legally own and they say they are allowed as the alleyway is shared,is this the case? I own my home outright and as far as I know their house is a council house,who has the legal rights here?can I tell the council to remove the bins as they are in my land?thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi, Rights for alleyways are granted for free travel ( so you cant block it ) and for maintenance . So no they cant put anything there permanently. Bin would need to be stationed on there land.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Hello thank you for your reply to my post ,they are not blocking the alleyway as such they have just left the bins on my side near the front of the alleyway entrance,they are not friendly neighbours,I have asked the bins to be moved but they haven’t moved them,can I instruct the council to remove the bins as it’s their property on my land?or are they entitled to leave the bins on my side of the property as it’s a shared alleyway?i attach a photo and for reference,there is a short brickwall inbetween which my camera didn’t pick up our houses and you can see the two bins left on our side.
      Attached Files

Comment

Crazy council

Comment

I have attached more clearer pictures of the issue,you can see the neighbour bins on my side.
          Attached Files

Comment

So what do the Land Registry files (of both properties) state about boundaries and access rights.
            Search here (small fee each search) https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry

Comment

If you have your way, what will the result be? Bear in mind that you have to live next to these neighbours.
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Bear in mind the neighbours have had their bins on their side for the last 7 years and now all of a sudden they want to leave them on my side,it’s not a matter of having my way,it’s not my bins and they have their own side to have their bins so moving them to my side all of a sudden makes no logical sense.

Comment

I have posted the land registry for the neighbour and their access rights,if someone can kindly confirm what boundaries and rights of access they have.thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Are the bins left on the path 24/7 or just put out on the day of collection?

Comment

lol they cant leave them in the way of the allyway. I agree with you, thats not reasonable leaving them there. I would try persuade them to move them but if you need to push them a bit over it, they might be a fire risk left there and your house insurance would probably be affected by it.
                      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Des-8 they have been left there 24/7 for the past two days,they don’t appear to have any intention moving them back,my partner even asked politely this morning to move them and they said they will but they have done it but now they have moved them only because it’s bin collection day tomorrow,no doubt they will bring them back to my side.

Comment

Crazy council exactly,it baffles my mind this behaviour,my partner did ask in the morning as above, that did cross my mind the fire risk and my home insurance in jeopardy,do I have the rights to get the council to remove the bins if they don’t take them back to their side,it is legally my land the bins are on right?

Comment

Why not jut reposition their bin on their property?
                            You could ask the council to have a word with their tenants as they are apparently trespassing, but if they have only just started behaving like this perhaps wait and see if it continues following your partner's recent request .

Comment

I agree. Put their bins their side of the brick fence (or wall).
                              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X