• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My deseased son's flat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, it is protected, we found it in his contract, with DTS. So why is it saying his deposit can't be found? The money should have been placed with them...

Comment

Originally posted by Keekokoko View Post
      Hi, it is protected, we found it in his contract, with DTS. So why is it saying his deposit can't be found? The money should have been placed with them...
      Click Tenants at the top, lots of info there,

Send them an online form -

https://www.tenancydepositscheme.com...ge/contact-us/

Comment

Yes do as Echat advises. The simple answer to your question is that the agent could have written in the contract that it had been paid into the scheme but may have simply kept hold of it himself which he is not allowed to do and would enable you to claim 3 x the deposit amount. Just the threat of this may make him back off on all his claims (or you could actually go for it though the process is not very simple apparently. Not done it myself.)

Comment

Will try that..
          Also, is this good enough on a legal document (see pic)

Comment

Will try that..
            Also, is this good enough on a legal document (see pic)
            It's a Tenancy Agreement, so I would think so, but you need to edit the personal information in the attachment.

Also update the thread as you get more info.

Comment

Ok. Can I remove the photo? Don't know how...

Comment

Ok. Can I remove the photo? Don't know how...
                I've messaged Admin ULA

Comment

Upload removed.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                    Upload removed.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Thank you. Sorry about that mistake x

Comment

Thank you. Sorry about that mistake x
                        It's o.k., top Admin has sorted it.

Comment

I've sent the form in to TDS about the deposit, it's been acknowledged so wait and see what comes back.

Comment

Hi, I've found out my son's deposit is protected with TDS.
                            So far we've heard nothing more from the letting agency.
                            My son's rent was due on the 31st of each month. I know he had made arrangements with the letting agency to pay his rent on the 5th when his benefits were paid into his account. But we can't see that email because it's on his laptop which we can't access because it's an Apple Mac and password protected...
                            ​​​​​​I'm certain he died on the 1st of April because I was in text conversation with him, and it abruptly ended, which wasn't like him, and there was nothing more from him after that. I don't know if the post mortem will give a more accurate date of his death, but the temporary death certificate says date of death 6th April, when I found him. He had clearly been there a few days.
                            So if the rent was due on the 31st and he died right after that date, is the landlord entitled to keep the deposit for April rent?
                            Thank you for any help you can give me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X