• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Access to use garden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to use garden

A bit of a weird one, everyone I speak to hasn't seen this before. We're looking to buy a property that has shared usage rights with the next door property. The space in question is an enclosed yard area that the other house (number 11) would have to go out of their front door, to the street then in through the gate. With this being full use of the garden at all times, is this either something we can contest? Or even if we decide to put a shed up with a lock on to protect our belongings (partner is in the trade so has high value tools) are we within our rights to do so?

"Number 11 are able to use the garden at all times and for all purposes, although this land is within your title - the conveyance dated 29/06/1950 grants full access to number 11 too."
    Tags: None

I have the impression that this is important to you. In that case, I think that this is not the property for you. You will be stuck with this unusual arrangement.

If it is a lower price than other similar properties in the area, this may explain why.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X