• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting name on Title Deed for home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting name on Title Deed for home

Afternoon

My husband and son own the house we live in (England) and they also have a substantial mortgage on the property.

I have now sold our previous home which was solely in my name.
    I want to pay a substantial sum (equivalent to 50% of the property's value) and want my name included on the property Title Deed.
    We could not do this when my husband and son purchased the house as the mortgage lender would not allow my name on the mortgage (apparently they only allow 2 people to be on the mortgage) and my income was the lowest, and we had to act fast to beat the Stamp duty holiday deadline.

So the Title Deed should say I have a 50% share of the equity of the house, my husband will have circa30% and the my son 20%, and the mortgage will be reduced to about 25% of the value of the house.

Question: is this allowed by law, and can the lender object to this arrangement?
    How much should it cost in legal fees?
    Do we even need a solicitor for this? Can we just fill in a form and sent it to the Land registry?
    Anything else to look out for?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Homecony9; 29th December 2022, 17:41:PM.
    Tags: None

There is no mechanism for obliging a third party to propose a sale to you.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
      There is no mechanism for obliging a third party to propose a sale to you.
      We all consent to this arrangement, so no issue there.
      It's just a case of how to go about it.
      I think a TR1 maybe required.

Comment

Sort out the allocation of the property as between yourselves first.

Comment

PS - Husband and son are currently "Joint Tenants" so I guess this will need to be changed to "tenants in common" first?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X