• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Neighbour plans to put up two gates across right of way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your help. I can't really see a compromise, we have already literally pleaded with not to do this. They seem to be the its my right so I do not care what anyone thinks type. They after all moved into a barely fenced open community and the first thing they did was put up 6 foot fences. I am not keen to get into a court battle so I guess we are stuffed.

Comment

It might not all be lost!

You mentioned the path is used by an elderly person as well as mothers with prams, and possibly toddlers(?).
      Remember that a dog has to be kept under control, even whilst on private property.
      It is out of control if makes someone worried it might injure them.(It is very subjective..the dog might simply approach wagging its tail to frighten some people)
      A large dog could easily make someone concerned if it is running loose on land to which people have access.

Find out if any of your neighbours have concerns, and if they do tell your neighbour with the dog that if they continue with their plan and their dog subsequently frightens anyone they may be reported to the police. Penalties are quite substantial!

In other words if they are going to be awkward you either roll over, or you join in!
      Don't normally suggests peeps escalate disputes with neighbours, as one can't be sure where it will end, but sometimes a stand needs to be made to force a compromise.

Comment

Thanks for the idea. Three of my neighbours have already expressed concerns about this. The dog is a large grey hound, it is not aggressive as far as I can tell but is so big my old neighbour is frighten if it went after a cat or squirrel when she opened the gate it would knock her over and two other neighbours have young children who use this path to visit their friends and they have both said their children would be frightened to enter the garden because the dog is as big as them. As one of them put it if the dog needs a 6 foot fence to contain it then it is hard to imagine my 4 foot child is safe going through.

Comment

Cảm ơn các bạn đă theo dơi và chia sẻ các thông bổ ích,xem các tin mới về tṛ chơi hay tại vuabai79, bancah5 ,bắn cá đổi thưởng, game bài đổi thưởng

Comment

Generally greyhounds are gentle creatures, but they are tall, and being hounds have a strong instinctive prey drive.
            This will lead them to chasing anything that moves, if it is small enough!

I have owned about 25 salukis (persian greyhounds) over some 50 years.
            Very similar in some ways to grey hounds, very gentle (even if destructive!)
            However all dogs are hunters, hounds in particular and I would never trust them or leave them alone with children.
            A child only needs to make a wrong move which is misinterpreted by a dog, and you have a tragedy on your hands.
            Our current saluki is in fact muzzled if any of our younger grandchildren visit, because on one occasion he growled at a toddler who pulled his tail!
            Never take chances

Comment

The law says a single unlocked gate is not a substantial interference with your right of access .It becomes a bit more complicated where multiple gates have been erected though.

I’m with Des however and the loose dog is more of a concern to me . What happens if the dog gets pass the gate as your on your way through. It’s not your responsibility to ensure it remains contained in the neighbours garden .

What if it were to get out and attack someone or runs in front of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by vuabai79 View Post
                Cảm ơn các bạn đă theo dơi và chia sẻ các thông bổ ích,xem các tin mới về tṛ chơi hay tại vuabai79, bancah5 ,bắn cá đổi thưởng, game bài đổi thưởng
                For the Legal Chaps, this is what he says. Super Fish H5 – Shoot fish H5 Play now get attractive offers

Super fish h5 reward shooter is a new theme present in the online fishing game system of some major bookmakers, including Vegas79. Why say only some big bookmakers have this h5 fish shooter, since the game is produced by the leading provider. So choosing a bookmaker to distribute to players is also very important, the bookmakers are provided with this h5 fishing game to play right away will definitely be a quality playground.

So is Vegas79 a safe, professional h5 fishing playground? Let's take a look at the following detailed sharing article. Do you know what h5 super fish is?

There will be many people wondering how h5 super fishis different from h5 fish shooting or reward fish shooter. Really these three names are different, but the service it provides is only one, which is fishing. So what's the point of distinguishing them into individual names?

As far as Kingbai79 is concerned, they are distinguished, because in each name besides the fish shooter, some other functions come with it to create a unique quality. Shooting fish for redemption is different from shooting fish is that it has an additional form of redemption that can be cashed out.

And shooting fish h5 is a bigger game that includes shooting fish for rewards. As forH5 super fish, it includes the theme of h5 fish shooter, so every time the game is upgraded to a new level, there will be a new name.

Comment

Thank you, DE, most informative. I must confess that this is not an area of the law of which I have any experience in all my years as a solicitor. Sorry, I can't help.
                  Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I informally spoke to a local Solicitor, who confirmed what you suspected. Even two gates would be hard to get a practical inconvenience ruling on unless you got a sympathetic judge who valued the community aspect. However a uncontrolled dog would possibly raise the level to a practical inconvenience. She was also surprised they thought this was safe under dangerous dogs act.

I have written to them explaining this and highlighting that our old neighbour is likely to be frightened to come into contact with a greyhound as she walks through. However I have heard no reply so I suspect they will go ahead anyway.

I also walk our cat along this right of way on a lead. We had a siamese cat stolen so we are now very careful with them. I am unclear what the situation would be should the dog be out when I went to do this. Clearly I would be concerned about walking through with the cat as the dog would most likely chase it.

If anyone knows what our legal situation is in these situations which now look very likely, please let me know.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X