• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Right of way across drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right of way across drive

I've searched for help on the matter as the owner of land with a right of way to the neighbouring property, but seems mostly one sided if someone can help.
    My property is on a separate leg from the road with a private road leading to my driveway and to the neighbouring property. The land is owned by myself, and there is an easement in our deeds with the neighbouring property only having right of way across the drive to access their property. The deeds say we are both to maintain the road and contribute equally to any repairs, it grants them and their visitors access. We have this problem with the neighbours giving the ok to visitors to other properties on the trunk road to use it to turn instead of going to the end of the main road to turn, what they don't realise is how close they are coming to my living room window when they turn in with their vehicles lights glaring inside and loud engine noises. The neighbours have purposely done this to annoy us and try to force us to move as they seem to have a problem with us wanting peace and quiet in our own home, it's been ongoing for years and working from home I have tried to stop this as see it more often. Usually met with verbal abuse from the drivers when I point out that they are using my driveway and where the road is to turn, they are trespassing. My neighbour believes because they have the dominant right of way they can tell anyone to use it to turn, my issue here is I actually own the land and the vehicles trespassing are not visitors to the neighbour- what can I do?
    Also myself and my partner have considered putting an electric gate up fully at our expense to stop the interference and we would of course provide a key/fob to the neighbour, but I'm sure they would object or kick up a fuss as again they want to make life for us difficult. We've tried putting moveable chain and posts up to deter vehicles and make the road a little bit narrower (still width of two cars) after talking with the neighbour, however they constantly moved them out the way so this was a complete waste of time.
    Does the neighbour have the right to say to non visitors just use the road outside my house to turn, even though I own it and they are not going anywhere near the neighbours house?
    I paid for the privilege to not be on the main road and have the extra land, my neighbours were granted the right of way for access over some of it. What is the best solution or advice apart from moving away from these neighbours.
    Tags: None

Could you pleae post up the exact wording of the easement, and a sketch plan of the situation

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X