• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Water supply pipe issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water supply pipe issues

Hi, some advice please....my neighbours supply pipe got a major leak 20months ago now and they've been sharing my supply since then via an outside hosepipe whilst they take legal action on a company they believe caused the damage. Our supply pipes are miles long so there is no easy fix. Long story short, I need to sell my house so want rid of the hosepipe! I am asking them to get a legal agreement drawn up detailing the shared responsibility for the maintenance of the pipe and sharing bills. And then they will pay for the connection under ground. Is that sufficient or will there be legal issues at point of sale?
    Tags: None

What kind of re-assurance do you have that the neighbour's issues are going to be resolved satisfactorily?

Comment

How bad is the damage to their supply does it all need replacing or is it a smallish repair needed

Comment

I think the point is that your neighbours need to pull their fingers out and get new pipes etc installed. You should not allow them to wait for the outcome of their case before thinking about getting the work done.

I suggest that you give them 3 months written notice that you will be withdawing permission to connect to your supply.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi all, our supply pipes are miles long and travel under two large pieces of private land and a motorway so repairing their pipe isn't an option. A totally new pipe would have to be laid and connected to the next nearest main which is almost £100k, road closures etc.

So I've agreed they can formally connect to my supply underground if a legal agreement is drawn up first that will outline pipe maintenance and bills going forward.

But will this be ok in terms of conveyancing?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

The wisest course would be to consult the solicitor you will instruct in the sale of your property.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

It should not be difficult to sort out in conveyancing terms, but it needs sorting before you sell.

Comment

Tell them to claim on their insurance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X