• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Garage Block - neighbour is a trader leaving his business waste on our land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Block - neighbour is a trader leaving his business waste on our land

Ours is the last garage in a block and includes the land extending to the far side of the block (there is no garage opposite).

My neighbour owns the garage across and down one and has been leaving large amounts of business waste on our land without asking. The waste consists of large sheets of window glass and some broken glass pieces on the ground.

I've asked him in a friendly but firm email to remove the waste and given him two weeks to do. He wasn't best pleased with this and sent a bit of a stroppy reply and as of now the waste is still there.

As the garage block is private land I'd like to know what my options are once the deadline expires.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Fly tipping? Contact the LA?

Beffore you do, try again to solve it amicably. If that does not work, try again.
    Disputes between neighbours escalate easily quickly and irreversibly. If you win one battle, the war can continue. Before doing anything, ask how much is at stake financially now.

Comment

Thanks. Can the LA prosecute, even if the fly tipping is on private land? I thought they just forced the landowner to pay to have it cleared.
      My neighbour would probably call it 'storage pending collection' however its been there for months and no permission was ever sought.

A couple of photo's, his is the garage on the left, mine is off screen to the right.

Attached Files

Comment

It is trespass. You could sue him for the cost of clearing and disposal.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks. That's really helpful. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but its good to know we have some additional leverage should all else fail.

Comment

Thankfully this has ended well for the time being and although left until the last moment, the waste has now been removed and most of the glass chippings swept up into a pile on the neighbours side.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X