• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bike storage dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike storage dispute

hi all.
    i live in a block of flats of which the freehold has recently been purchased. they have removed bike storage and now three is only three poles for 168 flats.
    sometimes i’m having to chain my bike to the railings of the building or to the parking signs in our driveway as there is literally no where else to put it, even on the street nearby.
    i’ve started getting complaints from some neighbours who have gone to the managing agent.
    i’ve asked them from some leniency until we have adequate bike storage and they do understand but technically they have to log each of these as a complaint and after a certain amount they have to go to the freeholder.
    i just want to know what my rights are here.
    can i continue to chain my bike up if i can prove there is no effective bike storage?
    Tags: None

What does your lease say? They frequently include parking facility arrangements.

Comment

we’re renting / tenants but are weeks away from signing to buy the place we’re in.
      in the meantime and in terms of our lease what should i look for?

Comment

Description of what is being let
        Tenants' rights parking and other rights if any. If you have a solicitor involved, ask them.

Comment

as far as i know there is nothing in there about bike storage.
          but i’m not sure if there is any law that would protect me from any legal action if i leave my bike in a place where i’m not meant to whilst there is no bike storage provided?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X