• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Homeground and J B Leitch, solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeground and J B Leitch, solicitors

I appear to be their latest target.of thes two companies

I am selling one of my investment properties and my buyer's solicitor asked for details of the ground rent. My solicitor received a reply from J B Leitch, purporting to have been sent by Homeground, to the effect that I was in default. I was not, I never received the demand, .which no doubt they will claim was sent.

I have done considerable research into these two companies and it seems that this behaviour is not uncommon. They have appalling ratings on Trust Pilot, (two percent satisfaction), MoneySavingExpert, and elsewhere and an MP named them in the House of Commons in January 2020.

I have raised the matter with my landlord and the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. Has anyone managed to land a blow on them?
    Tags: None

Originally posted by D P Dance View Post
    I appear to be their latest target.of thes two companies

I am selling one of my investment properties and my buyer's solicitor asked for details of the ground rent. My solicitor received a reply from J B Leitch, purporting to have been sent by Homeground, to the effect that I was in default. I was not, I never received the demand, .which no doubt they will claim was sent.

I have done considerable research into these two companies and it seems that this behaviour is not uncommon. They have appalling ratings on Trust Pilot, (two percent satisfaction), MoneySavingExpert, and elsewhere and an MP named them in the House of Commons in January 2020.

I have raised the matter with my landlord and the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. Has anyone managed to land a blow on them?
    Have you contacted CAB / Trading Standards?, gather all the evidence it's their job to stop such behaviour.

You could 'land a blow in Court', if you can prove such behaviour.

Comment

Rent does not have to be demanded for you to be in arrears. The lease tells yu what is payable and when, and usually it says (but does not need to) it is due 'whether demanded or not'.

Comment

Rent does not have to be demanded for you to be in arrears. The lease tells yu what is payable and when, and usually it says (but does not need to) it is due 'whether demanded or not'.

But section 166 of CALRA 2002 says differently.

Comment

Fair point for long leases.

Comment

There are plenty of reviews on both on 'Google Reviews'.

Are the management company members of any associations, trade bodies, etc? That's another avenue of complaint.

Comment

Update

The ground rent is not unpaid. It is collected monthly by the HA along with the service charge. Either the HA or Homaguard has FUBARed .

What are my chances of getting compensation for my time?

Comment

Probably small, but that is no reason not to ask. I suggest your first priority should be to concentrate on getting your flat sold.
                Last edited by atticus; 20th July 2022, 11:33:AM.
                Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Are the management company members of any associations, trade bodies, etc? That's another avenue of complaint.

They are a very large HA, a registered charity . I suspect that they are fully regulated however, AFAIIA they have done nothing wrong

Comment

Update

Although the ground rent was collected by the HA, apparently they have not passed it to the freeholder, (Homeground).

I have raised a formal complaint with the HA.
                    Last edited by D P Dance; 7th August 2022, 07:24:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The matter is still unresolved and the buyer has now pulled out As the ground rent was never in arrears, do I have a legal remedy against the HA.?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X