• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Side Fencing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Fencing

Here we go again ....

During the last lot of storms/high winds earlier this year, the side panels on one side of our back garden were pretty much wrecked & a couple of posts were left leant over (one missing). 4 panels & 3 posts will need replacing.

Next doors landlord said that it was our responsibility, yet we always thought that the fence panels on the LEFT as you walk out of your patio door were our responsibility, the panel(s) on the right as you walk out were next doors responsibility.

Our landlord/agents has said that they're not interested, so once again, it's down to me to try to sort something out.

Everybody at my workplace are saying the same about the panels on the left are ours, the panels on the right are the neighbours.

I also understand that it all comes down to land registry details as to who owns the side fencing/panels, but that sounds complicated to me!

How do I word a letter to next doors landlord to tell him that the panels/posts are HIS responsibility?

Thanks & regards
    Ian
    Tags: None

The following might help with understanding also regards to writing a letter -

https://www.boundary-problems.co.uk/...ms/fences.html

Comment

Crikey - that wasn't at all confusing!

It appears that there isn't a "law" covering this, but trying to find the title register is one option.

The thing is, our "landlord" probably won't have one and next doors landlord might, but even if it turns out that the fence is "ours", our landlord won't do anything anyway!

I'll just write a very polite letter stating that I believe & the agent believes that the fence to his 'left' is his, and the fence to our 'left' is ours (which we repaired before.

Comment

Originally posted by KaptainKhaos View Post
        Crikey - that wasn't at all confusing!

It appears that there isn't a "law" covering this, but trying to find the title register is one option.

The thing is, our "landlord" probably won't have one and next doors landlord might, but even if it turns out that the fence is "ours", our landlord won't do anything anyway!

I'll just write a very polite letter stating that I believe & the agent believes that the fence to his 'left' is his, and the fence to our 'left' is ours (which we repaired before.
        See what they say, then update the thread.

Comment

You can view the title register here for £3 https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X