• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charging neighbour for scaffolding on my land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging neighbour for scaffolding on my land

I was pressured into grudgingly allowing neighbour’s builder to erect scaffolding on my property without time to prepare any kind of written agreement. The project has been a nightmare in all respects with substantial damage to my property, huge disruption and mess. Project now well over estimated time span and builder offered to pay going forwards for the access.
    whilst I’m doubtful of them making good on this promise I would like to have a figure in mind for when we have our next ‘discussion’
    How does one come up with a reasonable cost for these things? Is it based on size of structure, impact on myself, postal location??
    Tags: None

Hi Charlie

Work out the square feet that the scaffolding is on, then ring a local estate agent, tell them you have some land to rent out, ask them what do they suggest as the going rate to rent out that land in your area.

Comment

But don't forget to take into account inconvenience suffered the loss of a portion of your land,.reduced living conditions due to loss of light and disturbance from noise, vibration or dust associated with the works.

You really need to have a written licence stating the rate per week for a set time, with penalties if there is an overrun.
      it might also need to contain conditions regarding hours of work and means of alleviating noise, vibration or dust associated with the works.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X