• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Leaving furniture in the street after flitting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving furniture in the street after flitting

A couple recently moved out of the block I am in. The have left a full refuse bin and all their recycling bins are full. Plus, waste wood to the rear of the communal block. They also had the nerve to leave unwanted furniture out on the pavement, right outside the block. This happened last Tuesday and they have not returned to remove the materials. Council unware of special request for uplift. People in the block (myself included) have emailed their selling solicitors to complain and ask for them to remove their waste but have had no response as yet. I will call them this afternoon when I leave work but I'm wondering what liabilities the previous owners have with regard to removing their own waste and unwanted goods.

For information, I am in Scotland.
    Tags: None

Report as fly tipping to the council?

Comment

I think that might be my next approach, after calling their solicitor.

Comment

Is it potentially a Health and Safety hazard? Could someone potentially set it alight? (fire hazard)

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          Is it potentially a Health and Safety hazard? Could someone potentially set it alight? (fire hazard)
          Yes, though not the wood around the back, which is damp. But certainly the furniture out front.

Comment

Council should clear up and then prosecute so you may want to mention that you will be passing on the info to the council within a certain timescale...

Comment

Just to wrap this up, I did call the solicitor. They said they'd get back to me once they found out who had dandled the sale; they didn't.

A few days later, though, the furniture out front and the damp wood at the back was all gone, so I assumed that the sol had gotten ahold of their client who had come back and cleared up their mess. Not so. It seems that the senior lady who moved in that week removed the stuff herself.

Some people have no respect.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X