• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sublet issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sublet issues

I have recently used spareroom.com to to move house. All seemed well but a few weeks after moving in, I asked the tennent who sorted the room out for me if I could have the landlords details, I was then told I couldn't because it was actually a sublet. Since then things have turned sour, I have not been able to use my room properly as I had to move my things out for 4 weeks so contractors could do work and so the subtennacy was not found out.

When I expressed I was not happy about the situation, I was threatened with an eviction notice of one week.

Please help me understand my rights as a victim of the sublet and if I can receive my money back and make sure this does not happen to other people.
    Tags: None

Hi POOKY

islandgirl Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

Hello. What kind of agreement have you signed? Is it an AST? Do you have a room and share facilities or is it a self contained flat?

Comment

No contract has been signed, but I had already payed rent before I knew about this. Seems silly looking back but I got caught out. It's a house share in which I'm being sublet a room

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X