• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lack of action from HA x2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of action from HA x2

Hi there,
    I recently made a thread about the total lack of action from our local HA. I have not yet approached my home insurer who provides legal assistance as I have been biding my time for the right moment.

Over the course of the past few weeks, there have been further extremely concerning issues particularly regarding one particular council property managed by the HA in question. I won’t go into the details here, but it has been extremely concerning, resulting in Police CID visiting our street. Things have got to the point where I now have 10 other households absolutely furious at the lack of action this HA is taking all in my street - everybody in the street other than the offending property.

Can anyone help me in terms of what I need to do to write a group complaint to the HA?
    How would I word this? All 10 house holds are more than happy for me to sign the letter with their names and addresses. If we still don’t get action, I am going to have to take legal action against the HA as every time any neighbour complains, nothing is done and the result is continued complaining and chasing to get any matter resolved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated for both myself and fellow neighbours.
    Tags: None

You Formal Letter of Complaint, needs to be marked as such, explain the issues, give examples (keep to the points), why it is effecting local residents (your neighbors and you) lives on a daily basis and what you want them to do to resolve the issues and give then a deadline to resolve the issues.

Email the letter to your MP, copy it to the Council and the Housing Association.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      You Formal Letter of Complaint, needs to be marked as such, explain the issues, give examples (keep to the points), why it is effecting local residents (your neighbors and you) lives on a daily basis and what you want them to do to resolve the issues and give then a deadline to resolve the issues.

Email the letter to your MP, copy it to the Council and the Housing Association.
      Thank you. That is helpful. I did copy my MP in with my first formal complaint but as this is a group one, I am hoping more notice will be taken. Is there any particular format I should follow with a group letter? I know how to do a formal complaint, but never done one with 10 other people. Do I just sign it me and then all of the other people with their names and addresses?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by henrygregory View Post

Thank you. That is helpful. I did copy my MP in with my first formal complaint but as this is a group one, I am hoping more notice will be taken. Is there any particular format I should follow with a group letter? I know how to do a formal complaint, but never done one with 10 other people. Do I just sign it me and then all of the other people with their names and addresses?

Thanks again.
        Just under Dear Mr. Bloggs MP, write' I am representing the following residents who wish to lodge a Formal Complaint with you'.

Then list the residents names and addresses.

Here is a template to give you an idea of format (scroll down) -

https://england.shelter.org.uk/suppo...ing_to_your_mp

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Just under Dear Mr. Bloggs MP, write' I am representing the following residents who wish to lodge a Formal Complaint with you'.

Then list the residents names and addresses.

Here is a template to give you an idea of format (scroll down) -

https://england.shelter.org.uk/suppo...ing_to_your_mp
          Thanks that's really helpful! I will get to work. Thanks again.

Comment

Please update the thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X