• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours parking/blocking road at rear of house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours parking/blocking road at rear of house

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can offer me some advice? I have a neighbour who constantly parks their campervan on this area of land/road directly behind my house. The van is there pretty much permenantly and it completely blocks the road to the point where no other vehicle could pass. As far as I can tell based on looking at this map the road is a "byroad" but I'm not entirely sure. I'm just curious if this is legal or not?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rick

Please see link for image of what I have just explained https://ibb.co/ryz5v3W
    Tags: None

Hi RICKW1

Have you spoken to the Council about the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi RICKW1

I contacted them today but honestly don't know whether it's something they'd be able to do anything about or not? I guess what would really help in knowing where I stand, would be whether the road is definitely a byway, and if it is then what rules effect byways? The image I uploaded is from the government public rights of way page and this is the key https://ibb.co/k9kGXpF The colour seems the same as the byway colour, but also the same colour as pavements and other things, would these areas also be classed as byways?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
        Hi RICKW1

Thank you for replying by the way, I really apreciate it

Comment

I can't access the link (coming up as suspicious), take a screenshot, attach it to an email, send it to the Highways Department at the Council, they will give you clarification you seek.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X