• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Video Recording

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Recording

Hi to everyone, first post here, hope you are all well and safe.

I have problems with my neighbour who is a tenant of a housing association and is therefore bound to comply with her tenancy agreement and conditions.
    Myself and my wife live next door and own our property with is semi detached and therefore directly attached to the HA property. We have been having to put up with excessive noise and anti social behaviour. This has resulted, initially, with the local environmental health department sending us event logs to complete and a link to a recording app so we may record the noise. They have also requested we take any pictures relating to the above mentioned behaviour.

Yesterday evening i went to our back bedroom window as yet again these people had lit a raging fire in their back garden, smoke billowing out, flames estimated at 4 to 5 foot high and burning garden waste. We have been instructed to take pictures of these events. The neighbours partner then proceeded to video me on her mobile phone as I was looking out of our back bedroom window.

In my opinion this is illegal as she has no right to video me in my own home and especially in a room that I am expected to enjoy a reasonable level of privacy.

Am I correct with this?
    Can I press charges against her with the police?

I did not, at any time give these individuals permission to video record me in my own home.

I thank you in advance for any help and advice
    Tags: None

I have CCTV cameras on my property and I have to make sure I do not record neighbours houses, I can record public places, pavements and roads, etc, etc, but I then require CCTV signs put up if I record outside my property line.

You are also allowed to record in most public places without any special permission and no one can stop you.

As for them recording you when you are taking photos of them I 'm not too sure,

But will they not just deny it anyway?

GBU

Comment

Thanks for that but I wasn't taking pictures of them I was simply looking out of my back bedroom window when this individual started to video me on her mobile phone. As far as I can determine this is invading my right to privacy and I would like to press charges against her. These people are vile. Our close was a very peaceful quiet place until these individuals turned up. I need to know if this is illegal and whether I can press charges via the police

Comment

Originally posted by Mavit View Post
        Thanks for that but I wasn't taking pictures of them I was simply looking out of my back bedroom window when this individual started to video me on her mobile phone. As far as I can determine this is invading my right to privacy and I would like to press charges against her. These people are vile. Our close was a very peaceful quiet place until these individuals turned up. I need to know if this is illegal and whether I can press charges via the police
        Taking photos or video of someone where there is the expectation of privacy is a breach of privacy laws. Examples of this would be in someone’s home.

But how can you prove it ?
        do you have a witness ?

GBU

Comment

I call the police, they attend their property and either confiscate her phone or demand to see the contents. Think that would work

Comment

I don't think you'll get the police to do that.

Comment

I call the police, they attend their property and either confiscate her phone or demand to see the contents. Think that would work
              I do not think that would work,
              If the police go to a criminals house without a warrant and ask to see their phone they will probably refuse.

Do you have a witness?

Police may do nothing without a witness, remember they have a witness! What will they say about you!

GBU

Comment

What can they say about me? I was looking out of the bedroom window, thats all. Then they start recording me in my own home on a mobile phone. Thats a breach of the privacy laws is it not? Sorry but I thought this was a legal forum with people that know the law? Maybe I was mistaken.

Comment

So what are you going to tell the police which law was being breached? Do you have proof you can show the police to show your alleged breach of whatever? No evidence then there can be no arrest. And so on.

so go and ask your local police their opinion. I would imagine the response would be "It's a civil natter"

Comment

What can they say about me? I was looking out of the bedroom window, thats all. Then they start recording me in my own home on a mobile phone. Thats a breach of the privacy laws is it not? Sorry but I thought this was a legal forum with people that know the law? Maybe I was mistaken.
                    Instead of slagging of members of LB call the Police see what the say and will do

Comment

I personally would concentrate on the 'noise' and 'fire' especially they are breaking regulations and 'upsetting' your day to day life.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...-being-filmed/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X