• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour has erected fence so now unable to open window.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour has erected fence so now unable to open window.

Hello,

Our house is detached and we have lived here for 22 months. The boundary I believe is the wall of the house and the whole space between mine and neighbour belongs to him.

Without informing us he just decided to place one fence panel directly outside our side window only inches from the window, so we aren’t able to open our window now to clean or maintain.

we spoke to him and even though he has lived there for 20+ years he stated it was for his privacy and the side window should never have been put there. He also has a side window in his kitchen facing over our house (but higher up). There’s still a gap up the top (So we can still see into his kitchen if we wanted) and he states that he will just raise the fence above 6ft as because it’s a boundary fence he doesn’t need permission He’s a builder too.

We suggested frosting the window which we have done and he agreed to take the fence down but still hasn’t.

we had a blind up anyway so can understand him. Not only has it blocked all our light, I can’t maintain the window or open it.

Is there anything we can do?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Picture
    Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X