• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What action can i take ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What action can i take ?

Hi Im really hoping someone can advise me.

We have a neighbour that we dont get on with (at all) and recently visited a house which where i could see the back of my garden and I could see that our ajoining neighbours have recently rendered their side of my breeze block wall without asking us first. I was under the impression they had to ask to even paint it ?

I know its not a police dispute but I want to know what I can do about this to have it removed, going round and speaking to them isnt an option and I feel its fair to get them to remove the render which i beleive will damage the wall (as will rendering it im told) so if thats the case i would hope they have to pay for a new wall.

I have spoken to a few different people who have been through a similar situation and most seem to be under the impression this is a civil dispute, some even say its being petty and that trying to take action to have something done about it can take years and be very costly, and basically isnt worth the trouble and i should probably just put up with it, is this true ?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
    Tags: None

anyone ?

Comment

I would do nothing. He has improved a block wall. Rendering shouldn't damage, it acts as a barrier against the elements.

Comment

I agree with Ostell . It's not a problem. Rendering can cause problems on dwelling walls not one in that position. My philosophy is avoid a dispute which isn't important.

Comment

If you have a dispute it will cost you a fortune and you have to declare if you sell. I would listen to the wise words above and do nothing.

Comment

I'm assuming the wall is part of your house? I would need to be confident that the rendering will not cause an issue for your property at a later date. For example if it's an older property with lime walls rendering can cause damp because older properties are designed for them to be breathable. In your position I would send a letter saying you are unhappy this has been done and that you are engaging a surveyor to check there will not be future problems. I would include in that letter something along these lines.

Dear Sam, I can see that you recently rendered my wall without my permission. You probably didn't realise you needed permission, however this has caused concern that the fabric of the building could be affected. For that reason I am engaging a surveyor to take a look and give an opinion. I feel this would be the fairest option, as otherwise I shall have to ensure the render is removed by you and any damage made good. As the surveyor will have to be paid for, I suggest we split the cost, which is what would be ordered were I to take legal action.

I trust this is acceptable. If you wish me to use a particular surveyor please let me know within 7 days, otherwise I shall engage one who deals with this type of issue and give you the report as soon as it becomes available.

kind regards

If it's a modern property I wouldn't worry too much.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X