• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shared access route obstruction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared access route obstruction

aaaa
    Last edited by dazed01; 19th January 2021, 19:32:PM.
    Tags: None

aaaa
    Last edited by dazed01; 19th January 2021, 19:31:PM.

Comment

Is that access a public right of way, or is it a private right of way?
      If it is, as I suspect, a private right of way what does your land registry proprietorship file state?

Comment

Originally posted by dazed01 View Post
        Photo attached
        Hi Des8, i believe it is a private right of way as it is maintained by residents. I'm not sure what a land registry proprietorship file is? Where would I find this? I only have the HM land registry general map on file.

Comment

You can get a copy of your land registry file here (Search for property information from HM Land Registry - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)) for £3

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            You can get a copy of your land registry file here (Search for property information from HM Land Registry - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)) for £3
            Thanks for the link. I have purchased the document and one covenant states:

10. The Purchaser shall not hinder or obstruct in any way the passage of persons or vehicles over the passageways at the side and/or in the rear of the land hereby transferred.

The neighbour is clearly obstructing access by placing sheds as detailed in my drawing attached.

What action should I take next?
            Last edited by dazed01; 19th January 2021, 19:32:PM.

Comment

Obviously as he is a neighbour and you will continue to be neighbours it would be good to persuade him he should remove the obstruction.
              Offer to help him, but if he continues to refuse you could warn him that as a last resort you will apply to the courts for an injunction with adverse costs.
              Your warning should be delivered in writing (recorded post)

Do not take unilateral action (removing the obstruction yourself) as you might face a charge of criminal damage

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                Obviously as he is a neighbour and you will continue to be neighbours it would be good to persuade him he should remove the obstruction.
                Offer to help him, but if he continues to refuse you could warn him that as a last resort you will apply to the courts for an injunction with adverse costs.
                Your warning should be delivered in writing (recorded post)

Do not take unilateral action (removing the obstruction yourself) as you might face a charge of criminal damage

Thanks for your detailed responses and support Des.....it's given me the confidence to take this further. Thanks,

Comment

You need to obtain your neighbour's land registry file.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X