• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Making my life hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making my life hell

I live in a block of flats and have been there for 24years. In 2017 I fell apart, started using drugs and invited an unsavory character into my life. He made me and my neighbours life a misery but as soon as I received an official complaint I kicked him to the curb And began to sort my issues out. Since that time however one neighbour in particular calls me crackhead every time I see Her and vows to get me kicked out. She makes up untrue allagations all the time and I have had enough. Ideally I would like a solicitor to wrote Her a letter to ask Her to stop but unfortunately that isnt an option. Is there anything I can do to get Her to stop?
    Tags: None

Is he a tenant or owner occupier? Which are you?

Comment

We are both Tenants of a housing assoiciation

Comment

This is harassment and can be dealt with in 3 ways. However you need evidence of what they are saying and when and where so keep a diary and note what is said, where and when. You can record the incidents and use this to make a written word for word record of what was said, but it is unlikely that you can use the recordings themselves as evidence.

Ok, so it's probable although not definite that you have the same Tenancy Agreements. Take a look and see what it says about nuisance, anti social behaviour, and behaviour in general. There is usually a general clause about not causing neighbours distress etc. Then make a complaint in writing, preferably by email to your housing officer with the letter as an attachment, stating what has happened giving complete details of the incidents incl dates and asking them to take action as you are being harrassed. If they do nothing follow up with a written complaint following their complaint procedure.

The alternative is to complain to the police about the harassment and ask them to have a word. If they refuse, follow their complaint procedure.

There is a 3rd option which your landlord may suggest which is to use mediation. This tends to be the most successful method of dealing with neighbour disputes. Engage with this if offered as an option and see what happens.

You could see any local solicitor for a letter to be sent and it will cost around 150 to 300 depending on their hourly rate. Cheaper in the north.

Well done for turning your life around.

Comment

Call civil legal advise I got a free letter under legal aid. I have a lot of evidence.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/civil-legal-advice

Good to hear you got some help Lenny.
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X