• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Litigation help needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litigation help needed!

Hi all,

I recently moved into a new build property that was sold with lifts in the building. This was on all of the plans and the brochure. On the back of this I decided to go ahead and purchase a property off plan on the top floor as I was expecting the lifts so no problems. However when I moved in April 2020 there were no lifts (which I was not informed of and not ideal when moving in) it is now the end of September and still no lifts. At first the developer said there was a slight delay due to Covid (understandable) however I am now being told a different date each time, and given different stories as to why there are no lifts. I am now getting increasingly frustrated as I bought the top floor with the lifts being offered, some of my family members have not being able to visit due to not being able to ha for the stairs. I contacted the solicitor I used to buy the property (appointee by the developer) and they have said I need to write a formal complaint and they can point me to their litigation team...I’m not really comfortable with this as I’m not sure if their are completely independent from the developer as we were forced to use their solicitor otherwise we were not able to purchase the property. They have not responded at all to my formal complaint and have not even acknowledged it.

Where do I stand with this? I really need some help or some advice if at all possible!

Thank you in advance,
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X