• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

University Accommodation - Joint Tenancy Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University Accommodation - Joint Tenancy Agreement

My daughter is due to return to university in Leicester in September (hopefully) and just prior to lockdown paid a deposit on a 3 bedroom flat. In the last week to 10 days she has electronically signed a joint tenancy agreement and I have in turn completed some forms as guarantor. Unknown to us, the third tenant has now decided that she is not returning to university and has never signed any of the paperwork, including the joint tenancy agreement. The letting agency (Sky Blue Homes) has advised my daughter that she will be liable along with the other tenant for the entire rent, unless of course they are able to find another tenant. Can anyone offer a view as to whether a joint tenancy agreement that provides the name of three individuals but which only two have signed represents a valid contract. Or, if I would be within my rights to call them up and advise that as the contract is non-enforceable we will not be proceeding. The contract was due to start as of the 1 July 2020. Thanks in advance. Pete

You will need to post up the Agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X