• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours noise - I feel like I'm being ignored

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours noise - I feel like I'm being ignored

Please excuse me while I bang my head against a brick wall. Probably get more sense from it than my landlord...

for the last 11 months, I've had to put with a lot of noise from my upstairs neighbour. I've heard DIY at 6am, music at 6am, banging at midnight, etc.

We're in housing association properties. I've complained a lot about his noise. They've written to him and phone him but he puts the phone down on them. I'm disabled (I'm also deaf and shouldn't due to the nature of my hearing loss be able to work out what music hes hearing- I can do that which means it's far too loud) and this is having an affect on my health.

I've complained on and off for far too long now. I keep having to ask what are they going to do about this and it seems the answer is nothing. I've complained on Facebook about this mentioning no names and been told to stop it. Friends have pointed out that because I'm not naming names, I'm not doing anything wrong.

My dad keeps moaning at them to do something (in the nicest way possible, I think he was getting fed up that I was asking to visit my parents on the basis of him making noise, rather than because I wanted to see them) which they don't seem to be happy about.

Lockdown has been for a good 12 weeks now I think (lost count!) I can count on one hand the number of days I've had peace.

My housing officer says they can't visit due to coronavirus. But can't tell me what I'm expected to do. I've got nowhere else I can go to until this is sorted - I moved out because my parents house was becoming inaccessible.

I've emailed my mp to see if he can do something.
    Tags: None

Have you kept a diary of the noise? Follow the complaint procedure to the letter of your housing association, preferably in writing. Ultimately you can complain to the housing ombudsman re their inactivity.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X