• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 21 Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 21 Notice

Hi,

I have been living in a rented property*since 2012.

Out last tenancy*ran out in October 2016.*
    When I received this tenancy agreement it contained a Section 21 Notice dated for the day after the tenancy agreement ended.
    I asked the landlord about it and he said don't worry it's just standard practice.

I received*an email in November 2016 from mydeposits saying that my deposit was now unprotected.
    I emailed and phoned the landlord for a renewal but he didn't respond or pick up.
    The last contact I have had with the Landlord was in November 2017 when he sent someone to fix a leak in the bathroom.

Where do I stand legally*with this? Can he just turn up at anytime and demand I vacate the property because of the* Section 21 Notice?

Thanks
    Tags: None

What does the A with the circumflex and star mean? see it everywhere but can't see a meaning - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hra47 View Post
      What does the A with the circumflex and star mean? see it everywhere but can't see a meaning - thanks!
      Its strange. It shows up when you paste text into this site when creating a post etc.

Comment

Thought I was missing something,thanx anyway

Comment

It's a bug with the system.

Comment

It seems you now have a rolling tenancy. The original S21 is not relevant now.* All not fault s.21 notices have been suspended during this unprecedented period.* This means that if the rent is maintained a landlord cannot issue a s.21 to his tenants.
            Your landlord can’t use the section 21 eviction process if *your deposit is unprotected
            Furthermore, *you may be able to claim compensation from your landlord or agent if they failed to protect your deposit *within 30 days of you paying it and failed to give you written information about the scheme within 30 days.* You can claim *between 1 and 3 times the deposit amount.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X